I created this card for my swaps for the Stampin' Up! convention. Forgive the hand in the photo but I was trying to snap pics quickly the evening before I left for Salt Lake City to post on my Facebook Page and to post here for you. You can follow my Stampin' Up! page on Facebook by clicking on the Facebook link in the side bar.
I looked and looked and could not find my original inspiration for this card. If it was your card please email me and I am happy to give you credit. I had seen this idea for cutting a card from the Floral Framelits and took off with it. I added lots of texture and wanted it to look realistic so I did some distressing and "scrunching" on the petals.
Here is how you would start your base card...
Place your framelit on your paper so it's hanging off the folded edge as shown above. That will create the actual card. This is a half sheet of 8.5 x 11 sheet of paper cut on the short side. On my swaps that I made for convention I tried to be frugal with my paper by still giving folks the idea but not the full card so they got just a quarter of a sheet of cardstock to give them the idea of how to make it into a full card.
This is what it looks like when you do the full card.
Then I got to work with a new product that is coming out in the August Holiday Mini catalog. It's a new sandable paper that has a different colored core. You emboss it with your folder then sand it with a sanding block and voila' you get a beautiful look. Here is the before and after look
What a difference! I love how it all pops!
Here are a couple of shots of all my pieces for the swap. I made 100 of them. It's always kind of a mess when it's in progress but always fun when they are all put together. Here are a couple of messy pics.
Lot's of butterflies!
Then I took 20 of those card bases and made the butterflies into pins by punching 2 extra butterflies (not stamped) out of the same Pumpkin Pie paper and gluing them together with our "green lid" glue or Tombow liquid adhesive as it's officially called. Then I covered the top of the butterfly with crystal effects. I love crystal effects it makes everything get all shiny and beautiful. To finish out my butterflies I put a little wire antenae on them, a pin back and a jeweled rhinestone. Then I punched a couple holes in my card and pinned them on. I am hoping to trade these for some adorable 3-D items. I have never taken the time to make 3-D items so I am looking forward to trading them. Here are a few shots of the butterfly pins along with the completed project.
Close up so you can see the shine!
Here is how I attached the pin backs
Here is the completed pin card, so pretty out in nature!
There was a struggle between M.E. and both of my girls on which card was "the" card. Here were the choices....my choice won out! Ha. Actually my youngest Abby helped me so she made her's her way and I made mine my way. I think they were both good choices.